There are a number of ways in which you can create an account(s) on the Hedera Hashgraph Mainnet. In this article, I will walk you through the steps required for each.
Method One: Create an account using Hashing Systems composer Chrome Extension:
The quickest, easiest way to create an account on the Hedera Hashgraph Mainnet is to use Hashing Systems’ Composer Chrome Extension:
1. From your Desktop/Laptop, download and install Hashing Systems Composer extension from the Chrome Web Store:
2. When prompted, click add extension:
3. Once installed, you should see the composer icon in the extension tray in the top right corner of the screen, left click on it:
4. Before proceeding you will be prompted to create a password to be able to open the composer extension during future uses. Create a login password for your instance of Composer and store it in a safe place.
5. Next you will be prompted with the getting started screen. Check all of the boxes and then click create new account:
6. You will be prompted with a separate “Account Begin” window. Check all the boxes again and click the LOGIN WITH GOOGLE button:
7. Select The Google Account you would like to use for the account creation process:
8. You will then be prompted with a 24 word Mnemonic passphrase. By left clicking on the phrase it is automatically copied to your clipboard to either print or store by other means. This passphrase allows access to your account so it is highly recommended that you store it in a secure location using best practices for maintaining sensitive data. Once you have secured the phrase click the proceed button:
9. You will then be asked to enter three words in the sequence of 24 to confirm the accounts creation:
10. An Account Overview page will open if you successfully entered the proper words from the Mnemonic passphrase. You can click on the user outline in the top right corner of the screen to see your newly created account ID number. Save this number with your Mnemonic passphrase as you will need your account ID to recover your account if the need ever arises and more importantly to send and receive transactions to your account. The account number is in the following format 0.0.00000:
Method Two: Create an account using the official Hedera Wallet:
1. Download the Hedera Hashgraph Official Wallet app on to your phone:
2. Open the Wallet app and click the menu button in the top right corner of the screen:
3. Click Default Account:
4. Scroll down the page to find your public key and click the copy button:
5. Provide your public key to someone with an active account on the Hedera Hashgraph Mainnet. The following community-run Hedera Hashgraph Telegram or Discord Channels work well:
Note: You can reach me directly to help with this step on Telegram at @CON5EN5U5 if no one else is available
6. Whomever you enlist to assist you with generating your Hedera Hashgraph account number will take your public key and click the create account button in the settings menu of the Hedera Wallet app:
Note: The cost to create your account on the Hedera Hashgraph Mainnet is half (.5) an HBAR. Please consider reimbursing the person assisting you in creating your account as they will be the ones funding your accounts generation..
7. After paying the .5 HBAR fee and hitting the create account button, your facilitator will be promoted with your new unique Hashgraph account number. Currently the sequencing of this number will look like 0.0.xxxxx.
Note: In the future when additional Shards and Realms are created, the zeros of this account number may change depending on which shard or realm newly created accounts fall under.
8. After receiving your newly created Hedera account number from you facilitator, navigate back into the settings menu of your Hedera wallet app and click on Default Account once again.
9. Input your account number in the Account ID field and exit the settings menu:
10. Tap the refresh button in the top right corner of the Hedera Wallet. At this point your wallet should be fully paired with your public and private keys and can now receive/send HBARs:
11. Lastly, follow best practices and head back into your settings menu and click on Recovery Phrase in the security section of the settings menu, copy your accounts 24 word Mnemonic phrase and store it in a safe and secure location(s):
Method Three: Create an account using the Myhbarwallet App:
2. Click Create new account:
3. Click Software (Hardware coming soon according to the website):
4. To create your account click on either the Keystore File or Mnemonic Phrase. For the purposes of this guide we will use the Mnemonic Phrase. Click on the Mnemonic Phrase and then click continue:
5. Like in the Hedera Wallet account creation process from Method 2, copy your Mnemonic Phrase that is provided and store it in a safe place; or several safe places :) (also be sure to double check the spelling and order of all your words! There should be 24 words in total.) There is an option to print as well. Once you have copies your phrase, click the I Wrote Down My Mnemonic Phrase:
6. The system will then prompt you to fill in missing words from the Mnemonic Phrase you copied/printed - just like in Method One. Fill in the blanks and click verify:
7. You will then be provided with a copy of your public key (the same kind of key you found in step 3/4 of Method 2) and prompted to provide either the character string or QR code to an existing Hedera account owner. (Follow steps 5-7 from Method 2.)
8. Once you have received your account ID from the existing account owner click on “I have an Account ID”, enter the account ID in the Account ID field and click continue.
9. You have successfully created an account on the Hedera Mainnet. You will see your MyHbarWallet dashboard. Here you can see your balance and send/receive HBARs:
Method Four: Creating an account yourself using the Telegram “myhbarbot”:
This method requires that you have already completed all required steps up to and including copying your public key from any of the previous methods. The method allows you to successfully create an account without the assistance of another human party.
1. Download the telegram app:
2. Open the app and search for: @MyhbarBot
3. Click Account Creator:
4. Enter the public key you received in any of the previous methods into the text field and hit send. The bot will return a new account ID for you to use:
5. Follow the prompts to reimburse the bot account for the network transaction fee that was incurred to create your account (note: consider reimbursing your facilitators from Methods 2 and 3 from above as well. Pay it forward!)
Method Five: Create Additional Accounts using Hashing Systems Composer Extension:
Hashing Systems composer is again the easiest way to create additional accounts for yourself or others on the Hashgraph Mainnet. Note: you will be required to have a sufficient balance of HBARs in your Mainnet account (0.5 HBARs per account) to cover the new account creation(s).
1. Again click the composer icon in the top left corner of Chrome:
2. You will be prompted to enter you password to open the extension. Enter it and click proceed.
3. From the account overview dashboard click the user icon:
4. Click Add New Account:
5. Follow steps 4-9 of Method One as many times as needed to create a sufficient number of accounts for your use case.
Method Six: Create Additional Accounts Yourself Using Two Phones and Two Official Hedera Wallet Apps:
Once you have created an account using methods 1-4, you can create additional accounts for yourself or others. This method is far more convoluted than using Hashing Systems composer so if you can avoid using it you probably should. It requires you have access to two phones that are able to install the official Hedera Wallet app and you will also need to have a sufficient balance of HBARs in the account that is creating the new account(s) in order to cover the network cost of account creation; 0.5 HBARs per new account created.
1. From phone 1, (Phone 1 is the phone that does not have an account paired to the Hedera Wallet app yet) open the Hedera wallet app and follow steps 2-4 from Method 2.
2. Text the public key from phone 1 to phone 2 if you have cell reception on both phones or into an email to yourself to send from phone 1 to phone 2 over Wifi.
3. From phone 2, (Phone 2 is the phone that already has an account fully created, synced to the Mainnet on the Hedera Wallet app, and has an adequate balance of HBARs available) copy the public key from the email you just sent yourself.
4. Open the menu in the top right corner of the screen:
4. Click create new account:
5. Paste the public key that you just copied from the email into the public key field and click create account.
6. If successful the network will deduct 0.5 HBARs from you account and return to you a new Account ID
7. On phone 1 follow steps 8-10 from Method One. You have now created a new account yourself without external help from another account holder or bot.
8. To create additional accounts, safely store the newly created account ID, Public Key and Mnemonic Passphrase from phone 1 and uninstall / reinstall the Hedera Wallet app.
9. Repeat steps 1-8
Note: Steps 3-7 provide you with the necessary information to become an account creation facilitator for others as well if they were ever to ask for their help.
By now if you’ve made it this far you should have a fairly in-depth understanding of how to create new accounts on the Hedera Hasphgraph Mainnet using a variety of methods.
If there are any other ways in which you can create a new account(s) on the Hedera Hashgraph Mainnet that I’ve missed or you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me on Telegram; @CON5EN5U5