In this article I will show you how to Open a Bittrex Global account, procure Hedera Hashgraph HBARs, and transfer them to a private account in order to provide fuel to operate your newly developed DAPPs.
- In your web browser’s address bar, navigate to https://global.bittrex.com/
- Click the “Sign Up” button
3. Enter the email you would like to use as your login and choose a secure password. (Note: To quickly generate unique and secure passwords use a password generator such as the ones found in Last Pass or Bitwarden.)
4. Click the “Create Account” button.
5. If a CATCHPA pops up, follow the instructions and click the “Verify” button:
6. A screen will appear asking you to verify your email address. In a separate window, open your email account and find the verification email sent by Bittrex:
7. Click on the “Verify Email” button in the body of the email:
8. You will be brought back to the Bittrex account creation page. Fill out all required personal details and click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page:
9. You will be prompted to start the ID verification process. Click the “Start Verification” button:
10. Select your issuing country and preferred ID type:
11. You will then be prompted to take a photo of your identification or upload a previously taken photo. (Note: from a desktop computer, uploading a pre-taken photo will be necessary unless you have a webcam.)
12. Both the front and the back of your ID will need to be photographed and uploaded:
13. Next, upload a Selfie (either by taking a photo or uploading a pre-taken one):
14. If your personal information, ID uploads, and selfies are verified, you will be taken to your newly created Bittrex account. From here, find your preferred HBAR pairing. (Bittrex offers the following pairs: USD-HBAR, BTC-HBAR, ETH-HBAR and USDT-HBAR) For the purposes of this guide we will be using the USD-HBAR pair:
15. A trading screen for the HBAR pair you have selected will open. You will need to deposit funds in the form of your chosen trading pair if you do not already have any available in your account. Click the “Deposit” link:
16. For USD Funds you will need to have a bank account configured in order to deposit funds. For cryptocurrency pairs of Bitcoin, Ether, or Tether you can immediately transfer funds into your account. An address for you to deposit your funds to will be provided when you click the deposit link. This address is unique to your specific Bittrex account. This is a nice added benefit to using the Bittrex platform which eliminates the chance that your funds are misplaced by the exchange — provided you have entered the correct address when transferring your funds to Bittrex, ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK!.
17. After successfully funding your account, you will see your available balance on the screen here:
18. In order to place a buy order you will need to fill out the price you are willing to purchase HBARs for using your pair of choice as well as the quantity you are hoping to acquire:
19. When you are ready to place your order click the green “Buy HBAR” button:
20. An order confirmation window will appear. Verify all the details are correct first and then click the “Confirm Limit Buy” button when you are ready to place your order:
21. If your order was successful, you will see a confirmation in the bottom right hand corner of your screen:
22. Once you have successfully completed your order, it’s time to transfer the HBARs from your Bittrex account to your private Hedera Hashgraph account(s). Click on the holdings heading in the top right corner of the screen:
23. On the holdings screen navigate to your HBAR line item and on the right hand side of the screen, click the “Withdraw” link:
24. A pop up window will ask you the following: 1.) If you would like to provide a memo for the recipient, 2.) the Hedera Hashgraph account address where the HBARs are going to, and 3.) the quantity of HBARs you will be transferring. You can elect to not send a memo to the recipient, however, you must enter a Hedera Hashgraph account ID and the amount of HBARs you want to send. (Note: ALWAYS double check you have the correct account ID! Neither Bittrex, nor Hedera will be able to help you in recovering lost HBARs that have been sent to an incorrect account!)
25. When you have double (triple) checked all of your info, click the blue “Withdraw HBAR” button:
26. If you have set up two-factor authentication account security (If you haven’t already, I strongly recommend doing so), a confirmation window will pop up asking for your two-factor authenticator code; enter it and once again click the blue “Withdraw HBAR” button:
27. Depending on if you transfer all of your HBARs from Bittrex to your private Hedera Hashgraph account(s) the HBAR line item on the holdings page will disappear from the top of the list or altogether. Otherwise, it will show the balance of your HBARs still available on Bittrex:
28. The final step in the process is to confirm receipt of the HBARs in your private account(s). For the purposes of this guide we are using the official Hedera Mobile Wallet. Click the refresh balance button in the top right corner of the screen:
29. The wallet will then take a moment to update your account balance:
30. Your account balance should be updated, showing the transfer you just made from your Bittrex account:
And that’s it! You have successfully opened a Bittrex Global account, purchased HBARs, and successfully transferred them to your private Hedera Hashgraph account(s) in order to run your DAPP(s) on the Hedera mainnet!
One final note, this process can be completed in the opposite direction should you need to convert HBARs to another paired currency. To send HBARs to your Bittrex account to convert, navigate back to your Bittrex account click on the pairing you would like to use; the same way as you did in step 14. Once in the trading window this time select the sell button (1), click on the deposit link (2), you will then be prompted with your unique Hedera account ID on Bittrex (3) for transferring HBARs to:
I hope you have enjoyed this guide to transferring HBARs to and from a Bittrex account to your private Hedera Account(s).
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me on Telegram; @hhguide